Monday, February 4, 2008

Week 1 - Who am I?

Doctors certainly come in different shapes and sizes, and attitudes. One doesn't even look at me, just asks questions, as if I'm a nurse practitioner. Yeah, sure I KNOW what's wrong with me. That's why I'm at the hospital. Genius. People these days. Takes 5 different doctors to actually get me the medication I need to stop the bleeding and bam! I'm allergic.

A trip to the emergency room certainly turned into a vacation - unwanted. My throat collapsed on itself due to the reaction to the medication, and Benadryl had no affect on me. So what is their solution. Nothing. No one knows what the hell is wrong with me. So why do they get paid 6 figures, to not even look at me, and just push papers? Where's the good ole doctors that would come to your house and listen to your heart and do the best they could to make you feel better. Try. What a perfect word. Try harder. Now that's even better. To all you doctors out there that think of your patients as pieces of paper - try harder. You wouldn't want me to beat around the bush if you came into my emergency room would you?

Sigh.

Now back to the question at hand. Who am I? That's a good question, but not one easily answered. Perhaps the beginning is a nice place to start, but perhaps working backwards is sometimes fun as well. I'm a junior at San Jose State University. Great, so what? So are thousands of other kids. Yes, but how did i get here? Hard work? Dedication? Yeah maybe, but that's how i got into San Diego State University. So why am I here at San Jose State University? I'm sure you've guessed it by now - because of a female.

Not too long ago, i was a student at San Diego State, but although my mind was where it wanted to be, my heart was elsewhere. It was alright for a little while, but being out on my own, with no one - not even a loved one - was tough. So i gave up. Plain and simple. I wanted to come back to San Jose, so i made sure that I got over here through any means necessary. And now that I'm back I couldn't be any happier (minus the frequent trips to the emergency room). Whatever.

I'm 21 years old, going on 22 here very shortly. Every now and then I'll feel like an adult, but it's kinda hard to when all i do is watch cartoons. BUT, there is an excuse. That's what i want to do with my life - animate. Not draw cartoons, but animate using 3d animation programs like Maya and 3d Studio Max. So I'm always watching what's new to get wonderful new ideas. My dream would be to work at Pixar Animation Studios doing anything. ANYTHING. Almost anything. Anything productive. Voice acting, animating, writing, storyboards, whatever. It would be the fulfillment of a lifetime goal for sure.

So i figured a writing for media class would be an excellent step in the right direction. Also, having not taken an english class since 1B a year or so ago, some writing practice would do me wonders. So hopefully, this class will help me brush up on some skills i know, but may have forgotten, and teach me new ones i can utilize in my career. Also, it's nice to be forced to keep up with current events once in a while. Because frankly, sometimes i just don't care - and that's a shame.

1 comment:

camccune said...

I'm sorry to hear about your ER/hospital visit from hell, but glad that you emerged in one piece, with throat, limbs, etc., intact.

From reading this, I'd say you can write...and I think I'm going to enjoy having you in my class this semester. You shouldn't have too much trouble getting caught up.

I've experimented a bit with Comic Life, but more as a photo gallery than as a story-telling tool. Never tried animation. If you want, talk to me about doing something in that vein for your final class project.