Saturday, March 8, 2008

Week 7 - Top News # 6

Are You Serious?

According to a story found on Reuters, the mayor of Bordeaux, a village southwest of France, has told residents to not die- or else. He bases these claims on the fact that the cemetery, known to the locals as Sarpourenx, is filled to the brim and is unable to accommodate any more bodies.

The title of the article is 'Cemetery full, mayor tells locals not to die'. How can you ignore that? It's truly scary to think how far ahead we are than the rest of the world. To have a town meeting and blatantly forbid anyone from dying, and threatening them with sever punishment is beyond me.

I wonder what sort of punishment he has in mind. Perhaps an exile from the church? Cremation? I certainly hope they come up with a new plan of action. I feel for the town of 260 people. I mean, not being able to die. What's the point in living then?

This story may not be as groundbreaking as my previous top news stories, but it was too bizarre not to share with you and whoever else reads my rant on the world.

Link found here: http://www.reuters.com/article/oddlyEnoughNews/idUSL0552076620080305

1 comment:

camccune said...

Yeah, I'd say bizarre describes it.